Upgrading apps using the webdesign application
With Tornado you are able to do pretty much everything from a web browser. Trouble is, how do you use the webdesign app to upgrade itself?
The simple answer is to rename it and use the renamed version to import a fresh webdesign, then delete the old one (that you renamed)
Here's the longer answer:
1) Go to /system/webdesign.pma
2) Click on /system/webdesign from the list of available apps
3) Click on application settings, change the name to something new, eg "wd", then click save.
...you will now get a "page cannot be displayed" message as you have renamed the application you are accessing.
4) Manually change the address (in the address bar of the browser) to http://yourserver/system/wd.pma. You should now see the familiar webdesign app again.
5) Click import .pmx and enter "system" then "webdesign" and browse to the new version of your webdesign app (in .pmx format). Click Save.
6) Click on /system/webdesign from the list of available apps and change the Security. Only do this if you have some special groups etc specific to your environment
7) Click "home" then the trash can next to /system/wd.pma
.....page cannot be displayed again
8) Manually change the address (in the address bar of the browser) to http://yourserver/system/webdesign.pma. You should now see the familiar webdesign app again.